- Category 1 - City (Population 100,000+ )
- Category 2 - Larger Town / Small City (Population 35,001 – 1000,000)
- Category 3 - Large Town (Population 12,001 – 35,000)
- Category 4 - Town (Population 6,001 – 12,000)
- Category 5 - Small Town (Population 2,501 – 6,000)
- Category 6 - Large Village (Population 1,001 – 2,500)
- Category 7 - Village (Population 300 – 1,000)
- Category 8 - Small Village (Population up to 300)
- Category 9 - Urban Community (Population 0-25,000) *
- Category 10 - Coastal up to 12,000 (Population 0 - 12,000)
- Category 11 - Coastal above 12,000 (Population 12,001 +)
- Category 12 - Hotels, Guest & Public Houses and Restaurants
- Category 12a – Frontage Only (Premises restricted to Floral Displays
- Category 12b – Frontage and/or Grounds (Premises which, in addition to Floral Displays have sustainable planting, Trees and Landscaped areas)
- Category 13 Caravans Static or Touring, Camping & Holiday Home Sites
- Category 13a – Sites with under 100 units
- Category 13b – Sites with over 100 units
- Category 13c – Self Catering Holiday Accommodation
- Category 14 - City and Town Centre **
- Category 15 - School Garden ***
- Category 16 - Health & Social Care Establishments
- Category 17 - Allotments
- Category 17a - 10 Plots and Under
- Category 17b - Over 10 Plots
Class 16 & 17 - Details to follow. Please email the Campaign Co-ordinator with an expression of interest.
Class 15 - School Garden
Clearly it would not be possible to visit all the entries should support be considerable. Each School should submit electronically 5 photographs of their projects with a maximum of 500 words to support their entry. These will then be assessed and a short list of six drawn up, which will be subject to a visit by our assessors, to reduce this to three winners. Prizes will be given in National Garden Vouchers of £150, £100 and £50. It will be necessary to levy a small charge as indicated above to cover our administrative and assessment costs. The winning 3 Schools will be invited to the Presentation Ceremony.
Entries should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Main Campaign Entry Form on the website. Cheques should be made payable to Wales in Bloom and sent to the Campaign Co-ordinator.
Categories 1-8. Entries in this category normally take judges to an exceptional front garden as part of the visit. This year they will take a photograph of your submitted one front garden, with some local information. These will then be assessed at a later Judges’ meeting for an overall winner who will receive £50 worth of National Garden Vouchers. There will be no entry fee for this initiative, and the winner will be invited to the Presentation Ceremony each year where a certificate and plaque will also be given. Please note only one submission per entry in Categories 1-8, and front gardens only will be considered.
Changes to Categories
To bring us into line with the Royal Horticultural Society, adjustments to our entry criteria for City, Towns and Villages are necessary. These will not affect all entries but the introduction of Coastal Category is new. Towns can choose whether they enter as a Coastal or Town entry within the population figure.